Liv Area (Lett. Līvu laukums) in Riga, located between the streets Zirgu, Meistaru and Kalkju in the historic district of Old Town.
It was arranged in 1950 (the project Seletsk PA) after the demolition of the destroyed during the Second World War urban development. It was called “Square at the Philharmonic” as facing the area Great Guild Hall since 1941 has held a concert hall of the Latvian Philharmonic.
In 1974, the area was reconstructed under the project K. Barons, were broken track, equipped with a business center, in the central part of a swimming pool with a fountain.
During the summer, made in a decorative style imitates the undulating surface of the lawn once flowed here (on the street line Meistaru – Kaleju) Riga River. In winter, the city poured ice rink on the square.
The modern name of the area received 29 February 2000.