Sopron is a Hungarian beautiful city, remote from the capital, 220 km away and the Austrian border is 6 km away Through Sopron is a small river Ikva, which flows into the lake fertő (Neusiedler see), located at a distance of 10 km from the city. Sopron can be considered a leader among the Hungarian cities that have preserved their original architecture. His proud title architectural finds Sopron confirmed the prize “Europa Nostra”, received in 1975.
The population of Sopron is about 50 thousand inhabitants.The Central Square of Sopron (Fő tér) — is a scattering of beautiful ancient buildings, real architectural monuments, often within museums. The most beautiful of them are:
• House Gambrinus,
• The General’s House;
• House Curtain;
• The House Of Fabricius.
The world-famous located in the center of the square is the Plague Column or the Column of SV. Trinity, which according to Hungarian legends, was built in 1860 by a local resident with Levenberg in honor of his wife, eve, who died in connection with the arrival of the plague.