Park in the district of Sokolniki in the north-east of Moscow, in the south limited Sokolniki Val, from the east – Bogorodskoye Highway north – Rostokinskiy passing through, from the west – the Yaroslavl railway line. In the north joins the Losiny Ostrov. The park – 516 hectares.
In XVI-XVII centuries passed and the grand royal falconry on the site of today’s park, where the place got its name.
In the XIV-XVI centuries on the site of the park was a dense forest, to go far to the north. The nearest part of the forest to Moscow in the XVI century hunting Ivan the Terrible. Since 1657 in the woods hunting Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich. Hunting was carried out mainly with the help of falcons, which had special trainers of these birds – falconers.