Leningrad Highway – Highway in Moscow and Khimki. It is part of the federal highway M10 and the European route E105. The total length of the highway from the Leningrad Avenue to Highway Sheremetyevo – 19.7 km, of which 15.2 km are on the territory of Moscow, and 4.5 km – on the territory of the Moscow region. Leningrad highway – one of Moscow’s busiest highway, connects the center of Moscow with the Sheremetyevo airport and satellite towns of Khimki and Zelenograd.
The historical name of the highway – Petersburg has received in honor of Saint Petersburg, where it leads, and bore it with the opening of the road in 1822 until 1915, when it was renamed Petrograd highway in connection with the renaming of St. Petersburg to Petrograd. In 1924, Petrograd was renamed Leningrad, followed by St. Petersburg and also the highway was renamed Leningrad.
However, in 1991 (when St. Petersburg’s historical name was returned), Leningrad highway kept the Soviet name.