Adolphe bridge, or New bridge, the famous arched bridge across the river pétrusse in Luxembourg city. The bridge connects Upper and Lower town and is a national symbol and one of the main tourist attractions of the capital of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The bridge was built during the reign of Grand Duke Adolphe (1890-1905) and it is in his honor it received its name.
The construction of the bridge began in July 1900, and three years later held its Grand opening. At the time of the construction of the Adolphe bridge became the largest arched bridge in the world. The total length of the bridge amounted to 153 m, while the length of the largest Central arch is about 85 m and the maximum height of the bridge is 42 m. the Bridge was built of Sandstone with concrete structures.