Kunda – a city in the north of Estonia, in Lääne-Viru County.
The city is known from the XIII century. Until the middle of the XIX century Kunda remained a small village. In 1870 it began the construction of one of Russia’s largest cement plant in 1893 – the first commercial power station in Estonia. All this was the beginning of the development of the village and in 1938 it became a town.
About Kunda Lammasmyagi on the hill, which was an island in ancient lake, the remains of the oldest in Estonia ancient human settlements (about 10 thousand. Years ago) have been found. Not far from the city on the coast are the ruins of Toolse. Industries Food and cement. There is a cement museum.