In Catalonia, in the province of Barcelona lies the city of mataró. Located on the territory of the Comarca of Maresme on the coast of the Mediterranean sea. During the Roman era Mataro was a village. Recently during archaeological excavations found fragments of Roman baths.
The first railroad through the territory of the city was laid in the autumn of 1848. The station was built on the line of direction of the Barcelona-Mataro. The construction was supervised by Michela Biado citizen – born here.
Every year on 28 October the townspeople celebrate the day of St. Simon. Traditionally on this day colorfully celebrated the feast of the sailors, which offers traditional cookies, “the Sword of St. Simon”, decorated with colorful dried fruits.
The main items of income of the city are textile and wine industries, shipbuilding and tourism industry. Mataro promenades decorated with palm trees. Located near forest Park. On the outskirts is the resort of Argentona with carbon sources. Traditional handicraft is the weaving of lace. The magnificent Mall is La ROCA with an abundance of all sorts of goods.